Widow Left Homeless After Phone Explodes And Set House Ablaze:
In a very sad update, a 60-year-old widow was left homeless after a cellphone which was on the charger exploded.
Margaret Kamwemvura, of village 10 Liburgia under Chief Neshuro, lost all her belongings on January 25 after a cellphone which was on charge exploded and sparked an inferno which consumed the house.
In tears, Kamwemvura told TellZim that the catastrophic accident occurred when she had left the homestead to work on the fields.
“One of my sons left his phone charging with a universal charger so it seems the battery exploded and caused the fire. We had left home for the fields when the accident occurred and we were only alerted about the fire after we had seen thick smoke blowing from the direction of our homestead.
“We then got home to find that everything had been destroyed and nothing was recovered including my cellphone which I had left inside the house,” said Kamwemvura.
The elderly woman and her family had to spend the night at a relative’s place and she has begun appealing for assistance from the government and well-wishers.
“All our entire belongings were destroyed as this was the only house that sheltered everything for us. We are only left with the clothes on our bodies and nothing else,” added Kamwemvura.
Kamwemvura lives with her two unemployed sons and she can be contacted on her grandchild Prince Hove’s mobile number 0777111013.
You May Also Read:
- Couple Arrested For Forwarding False Claims That President Mnangagwa Has Succumbed To Covid-19
- Heartless Mother Kills Newborn In A Bucket With Hot Water
- Exorcism Gone Wrong As Sangoma Beat Client To Death
- Poor Man Lose Wife To Financially Stable Man
- Gweru Heavy Rains leaves Mother of 5 Without A Place To Stay.
- “I would rather die having sex” Sekuru Threatens To Take His Life Over Sex Ban