Update On Murehwa Ritual Murder: Thanks Makore Bail Hearing Deferred.
Thanks Makore, the prime suspect in the apparent ritual murder of his seven-year-old nephew, will have to wait a little longer in remand prison after the High Court deferred ruling on his bail application.
This came as the boy’s family is demanding justice in the matter, which has dragged on for three months.
Though Justice Benjamin Chikowero was expected to give his decision on the matter, he notified the legal counsels for both parties that his ruling was not yet ready and would be delivered in due course.
According to the Herald, Makore (56) is the uncle to the slain boy whose gruesome murder on September 17, left the entire nation in a state of shock.
In an interview on of the relative, Mrs Beula Musupai said the family was still in pain following Tapiwa’s murder and expressed worry over the slow pace with which the matter was being handled.
Thanks Makore was arrested in connection with the suspected ritual murder of his nephew, he is reported to be the prime suspect and is facing allegations that he was given the boy’s head and arms.
The accused is seeking bail and is in custody pending trial with his co-accused Tapiwa Makore Snr, Tafadzwa Shamba and Maud Hunidzarira.
Thanks was reportedly the mastermind behind the unsettled murder and is said to have offered to pay US$1 500 for the head and arms of the deceased.
- Employee Sodomises Employer’s Son
- Machete Gang Invades Rusape And Escape With A Car, Cellphones And Cash
- 10-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming In A Stream
- Man Commit Suicide After Assaulting Ex Wife’s Grandmother Over Witchcraft Allegations
- Filabusi Man Went Berserk, Kills Wife And Commits Suicide After Finding Wife In Bed With Neighbor
- Parents Request DNA Test To Solve Mystery Over Newly Born’s Death.
- Update On Murehwa Ritual Killing: Tapiwa Makore’s Family Request For DNA Results