Update On Murehwa Ritual Murder: Tapiwa Makore’s Family Request For DNA Results:
Tapiwa Makore’s family has written to the police requesting for a DNA test for his body parts which is yet to be released. The 7-year-old boy who was murdered in September allegedly for ritual purposes.
According to Zbc News online, The letter dated 3 December and addressed to the Commissioner-General of Police and copied to the Prosecutor General said the DNA test results have taken longer than anticipated after they were promised to get them within 21 days from the date samples were collected.
The Makore family, through their lawyer Tabitha Chikeya, told ZBC News that the results will expedite the delivery of justice and help the family get the closure. She said:
“The family has waited for a long time and we are requesting the Zimbabwe Republic Police to give us the results after the laboratory indicated that the results were collected by the police.”
The body parts which were sent to the laboratory for DNA test include legs, a human skull, abdomen and palm.
Meanwhile, the High court has postponed ruling in the bail application of Tapiwa’s uncle, Thanks Makore who was arrested last month in connection with the murder case.
Three other suspects Tafadzwa Shamba, Tapiwa Makore senior and Maud Hunidzarira are still in custody awaiting trial.
You May Also Read Other Stories Below:
- Watch: Woman Swims With Crocodiles After Falling Into Limpopo River.
- Woman Hires Two Zimbabwean Men To Kill Her Mother.
- Road Accident Claims Three Family Members Along Bulawayo Beitbridge Road
- Mbare Tout (Hwindi) Appears In Court For Kidnapping A Policeman
- I Thought It Was My Deceased Husband Who Was Coming To Sleep With Me,” Man (25) Rapes 84-Year-Old Woman
- Shocking Update From Zimuto Killing: Father Confirms The Cousin Who Killed His Son Is Not Mentally Ill
- Mentally Challenged Man Stones Grade 7 Pupil To Death