Three Orchid Gardens Employees Appeared In Court For Stealing:
Three Orchid Gardens employees appeared in court yesterday after they stole various equipment worth $1 million.
The suspects Mind Makona, 32, Tempson Dhauramanzi, Paul Pious Ndlovu and Edmore Huni were not asked to plead when they appeared before Harare magistrate Judith Taruvinga.
Makona is employed as a guard at Orchid gardens and resides at Tama Farm in Shamva while Ndlovu and Dhauramanzi are employed by the Zimbabwe National Army and are deployed at Orchid Gardens.
According to a report by H-Metro, the complainant, in this case, is Orchid Gardens and is represented by Ernest Saunza who is a Staff sergeant at the Zimbabwe National Army and resides at HQ Presidential Guard.
Allegations are that on February 10, the three employees reported for duty and everything was in order and the following morning, Ndlovu discovered that a 10000-litre tank had been stolen and a police report was made but investigations led to Makona’s arrest.
The State alleges that searches were done in his room and the police discovered.
3 by 6-meter cream table cloths, and shin he was interviewed he implicated Dhauramanzi and Ndlovu to be the ones who had stolen the property from the warehouse.
Follow ups led to the two’s arrest and they led to the discovery of cement, carpets sewing machines, chairs, plates, wine glasses from Nomatter Sithole who is Makona’s girlfriend.
The value of stolen goods is $1 6200 000 and $650 000 was recovered. Lancelot Mutsokoti appeared representing the State.
- Butcheries Flood With Meat From Livestock Affected By Diseases
- Bulawayo’s Disused Pits Claim Two More Lives
- Father Rapes, Impregnates Own Daughter (17), Forces Her To Take Contraceptives
- Zimplats Mine Accident Claims One Life
- Children’s Home Closed And Deregistered After Abuse Allegations
- Money Changer Assaults Girlfriend And Destroyed Property After He Found Her With her ex-husband