Shurugwi Illegal Gold Panner Murdered By Colleagues:
In a sad report from Shurugwi a 22-year-old illegal gold panner was attacked and killed by fellow panners following a fight over gold ore.
According to a police source the now deceased whom they identified as Clemence Magwidi 22 was an illegal gold mine and was mining at Wonderer Mine in Shurugwi together with a group of other illegal gold miners.
It is reported that the deceased had a clash with some of his mining colleagues over some of the gold ore. This is when four suspected miners started attacking him with machetes and chisels in the mine shaft.
“They used machetes, hammers and chisels to attack him all over the body resulting in his death. Upon realising that they have killed Magwidi, they took his body and threw it into water-filled mining shaft underground,” he said.
His body is reported by the Herald to have been retrieved the following day after some panners had made a police report at Shurugwi Police Station.
Officer in Charge Shurugwi Police Station, Chief Inspector Navison Munyongwa confirmed the incident but referred further questions to the provincial police spokesperson, Inspector Joel Goko who was not reachable.
You May Also Read Other Stories Below:
- Musa Taj Abdul Has The Right To Freedom Pending Trial: Lawyer Insists That He Should Be Freed
- Notorious Armed Robbers Never Got The Chance To Taste Freedom
- Shocker: Notorious Armed Robbers Granted Bail
- Government Halts Demolition Of Illegally Built Houses Until Rainy Season Is Over
- Harare City Council Mayor Jacob Mafume Facing New Charges
- 3 Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) Officers Arrested For Fuel Smuggling
- Update On Murehwa Ritual Murder: Thanks Makore Bail Hearing Deferred.
- Employee Sodomises Employer’s Son
- 10-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming In A Stream
- Man Commit Suicide After Assaulting Ex Wife’s Grandmother Over Witchcraft Allegations