Shocker: Murdered Mberengwa Woman’s Tongue “Missing”:
In a sad and suspected ritual murder, a 45-year-old Mberengwa woman was found dead near her homestead with her tongue missing last Sunday.
According to a local publication The Chronicle, Midlands provincial police spokesperson, Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko confirmed the sad incident.
He reported that the deceased who was identified as Beatrice Dube retired to bed around 8:30 pm on Sunday and her body was found a few meters outside her homestead the following morning.
“Police in Mberengwa are investigating a murder case in which a body of a female adult, Beatrice Dube was found about 500m from her homestead.
“Circumstances are that the night before her body was found, she bade farewell to other family members saying she was retiring for bed.
“About some 20 minutes later, her 13-year-old daughter then followed her intending to give her a mobile phone she had forgotten but she could not find her in her bedroom hut,” said Insp Mahoko.
Dube’s body is reported to have been found by a village boy the following morning.
He said police investigations in the case were underway.
“We are appealing to members of the public who might have information helpful to the police investigations to approach any nearest police station,” said Insp Mahoko.
You May Also Want To Read:
- Commercial Truck Drivers To Go Through Mandatory Quarantine
- Four Artisanal Miners Drown After Boat Overturned In Flooded Sanyati River
- Two Fraudsters Arrested For Generating Zesa Tokens
- Man Murders Uncle After Accusing Him Of Possessing A Goblin
- Woman Stabs Husband For “Failing To Provide For The Family”
- Testimonies Of A Man Who Escaped Food Poisoning By Wife
- Woman Kills Stepson And Conceals Crime With Aid Of The Father
- 30-Year-Old Man Arrested For Raping An Old Woman At Knife-point
- Gold Panner Rapes, Beheads Estranged Wife, Attempts Suicide