Shocker, Man rapes Villager In His Wife’s Presence:
A man from Doma appeared in court facing charges of rape and was sentenced to an effective 30 years in jail.
The accused who was identified as Norest Svova of Plot 12 Tsvanza farm, was brought before Chinhoyi Reginal Magistrate Noel Mupeiwa and was charged with two counts of rape. Svosva is said to have raped a fellow villager in the presence of his wife.
He pleaded not guilty but was however convicted after a full trial.
According to H-Metro, he was sentenced to 35 years and 5 years was suspended on condition of good behavior hence he will serve an effective 30 years in jail.
The courts learned that in July this year, the 29-year-old complainant was traveling from Doma shopping center going to her home at Kismet farm, Mhangura, when she met Svova who was cutting grass on his farm. He then accused her of trespassing.
Svova told the complainant that he was going to punish her for that and he then assaulted her using a stick several times as a way of punishment.
The court also heard that after harassing and assaulting her, he went on to strip her and then raped her. He then ordered the complainant to leave the place.
She went home and narrated the whole incident to her husband who then accompanied her to the police to make a report.
You May Also Read Other Stories Below:
- Wife Kills Hubby With A Hoe After A Domestic Dispute.
- Murehwa Villagers Storm Thanks Makore’s Damafalls Home
- Another Hut On Fire For Murehwa Ritual Murderers
- Man Kills Wife Over A Plate Of Sadza.
- Married Woman Dies After Spending Night With Lover
- Bulawayo Man Stabbed While Making Love In A Bush
- Mental Patient Axes Another Mentally Challenged Man To Death In Nkayi