Robbers Pounce On A Wheelchair-Bound Chinhoyi Businessman.
In a sad update from Chinhoyi, a wheelchair bound Chinhoyi businessman, lost at least US$60 000 to robbers at his Mzari suburb house last night.
The victim whose name was identified as Theodore Mhlanga who is also known as Gwayagwaya was last night attacked by robbers at his house.
The unconfirmed number of robbers pounced at the businessman’s house where they also stole one of his vehicles which they used as a getaway vehicle.
Police provincial spokesperson, Inspector Margaret Chitove confirmed the robbery incident but could not shed more light as investigations are currently underway.
According to a local publication, the Herald efforts to get information about the robbery from the businessman were this morning futile and it was not clear whether the robbers were armed with guns.
The businessman runs a common and popular drinking spot under the name Gwayagwaya and has a number of business premises in the town as well as a farm.
Zimbabwe has recorded a number of armed robbers, most of them being break-ins and cash in transit. On Wednesday last week, there was a US $2,5 million heist which occurred along the Harare-Chinhoyi Road and sofar 11 suspects have been nabbed.
You May Also Read Other Stories Below:
- Africa University Vice-Chancellor, Professor Munashe Furusa Has Died
- My Parents Deserved To Die: Prodigal Son who Murdered Parents Speaks.
- Sleepless Nights For Budiriro Extension Families Due To Flash Floods
- Update: Chitungwiza Boy Seriously Injured By Fire Cracker Recovering
- Two Bodies Retrieved After Being Swept Away By A Flooded River
- Man Rapes Corpse To Quench His Five-Year Love Obsession For The Deceased.
- Police Updated: Baby “Killed” By Police While Assaulting Mother DID NOT Die,
- Manhunt For Three Rusape Armed Robbers Who Shot A Man On Saturday
- Update: Prominent Chiredzi Doctor Facing Double Murder Charges