Polygamous set up: Woman loses lower lip in a fight over cooking oil:
Two Chivhu women living in a polygamous family were allegedly involved in a fight for missing cooking oil which resulted in one of the women losing her lower lip.
According to local publication H-Metro, Lenny Bandwa the senior wife was reported to have been bitten by the younger wife Ellen Chuma.
the fight broke out on the 8th of November 2020 at Madziwire Village under Chief Chivese as the two women fought over missing cooking oil.
Police Spokesperson for Mashonaland East Inspector Tendai Mwanza confirmed the incident saying Bandwa who is the senior wife failed to locate her bottle of cooking oil in her house and went on to search for it in Chuma’s (Junior wife) house.
“This did not go down well with Ellen who reportedly picked a fight with Lenny.
“The two allegedly started fighting and as they struggled to out-do one another, Lenny allegedly tried to bite Ellen’s nose but failed.
“Ellen reportedly went on to bite Lenny’s lower lip and removed a chunk of flesh in the process,” Insp Mwanza said.
He said Lenny’s children reportedly came from Harare to pick up their mother ostensibly for medical attention before a report was made at ZRP Nharira Base (Chivhu).
“Ellen was arrested and Lenny is believed to be in Harare where she is getting medical attention.”
Insp Mwanza urged people to resolve such issues amicably and that violence should not have a place in society and homes.
- Man Commits Suicide Over Child Maintenance
- Man Rapes Sister-In-Law (16) After Pulling Her From School.
- Watch: Woman Claims To Be Possessed By Ginimbi’s Demon
- Murder Suspect Moves Free In Streets: Parents Suspect Police Cover-Up
- Another Suspected Ritual Murder: Bulawayo Man Murdered, Brain, Eyes And Ears Missing From Corpse
- Two Suspected Police Officers Appeared In Court For Robbing US $45K
- Man Kills And Buries 10-Year-Old Epileptic Son