New Lockdown Measures Announced – March 2021
President of The Republic Of Zimbabwe, Cde Emmerson Mnangagwa has announced the newly reviewed lockdown measures as of March 1, 2021. The most recent covid-19 lockdown measures are as follows;
- Curfew from 10 pm to 0530hrs
- Letters of movement are no longer prerequisite
- Supermarkets are to operate until 1900hrs ensuring they are abiding to WHO guidelines.
- Industries to open with strict adherence to WHO guidelines
- SMEs, food markets, and the informal sector to reopen
- Schools, Universities, and Colleges must prepare to open and observe WHO protocols, however, virtual learning is encouraged where applicable
- Intercity travel can now resume, buses must ensure the disinfection of their vehicles along with other safety guidelines
- Social gatherings– funeral gatherings to remain at 30 attendees and, all other group gatherings must not exceed 50 people
- Restaurants to operate only for takeaways and deliveries
- Bars, nightclubs, and gymnasiums remain closed with bottle stores operating as at the law
The new development follows less than a day after South Africa moved to lockdown level 1.
South Africa will go to level 1 lockdown with quick impact, President Cyril Ramaphosa declared on Sunday night.
“The country has now clearly passed the second wave,” Ramaphosa said. He credited the general wellbeing measures and changes in conduct by people in general for the decrease in positive covid19 cases.
Further advising that the design of lockdown measures should be followed precariously.
This implies that curfew hours are now from 12 PM to 4 am and public get-togethers – including social-political and religious events – are indeed allowed but however limited to 100 individuals for indoor gatherings and 250 for outside occasions – where the scene permits.
Social events and after burial services, usually known as “after tears”, are as yet not allowed, the president said.
Ramaphosa cautioned that the wearing of masks stays compulsory.
Other Stories You May Be Interested In:
- Journalist Hopewell Chin’ono Disables Whatsapp Button
- 15-Year-Old Girl Gone Missing And Found Decomposed Without Undergarments