Mt Darwin Man Suffers Double Tragedy Leading To His Death
A 26-year-old man from Mt Darwin was attacked and killed by a crocodile while crossing a flooded Ruya River on Friday.
iHarare reported that Nebart Doro suffered a double tragedy leading to his death. Firstly Doro was swept away by the raging river before he found himself in the jaws of a massive crocodile.
Mashonaland Central acting provincial police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Naison Dhliwayo confirmed the unfortunate incident and said members of the ZRP sub-aqua unit were searching for the remains of Doro.
We are looking for the body of Doro who was attacked by a crocodile while trying to cross the flooded Ruya River, Dhliwayo said.
Assistant Inspector Dhliwayo said Jethiasi Chari (29) was in the company of Doro when he was swept away by the flooded river.
Mr. Chari told the police that, as Doro was being swept away, he saw a big crocodile attacking him.
After witnessing the horrific incident, Chari then informed a neighbor, Martin Gwetsuro (59) who then alerted the police.
Assistant Inspector Dhliwayo issued a warning to members of the public to be cautious when approaching flooded rivers.
We are warning people during this rain season that floods are inevitable. So people should treat every river as a susceptible home for crocodiles, he said.
You May Also Read Other Stories Below:
- Another Social Media War After Peter Moyo Body Shames Ginimbi’s Sister.
- Two bus Crew Members Appeared In Court After Violating Lockdown Regulations
- Man Assault Girlfriend With Electric Flex Cable For Allegedly Cheating
- Six Soldiers Arrested For Killing And Assaulting Four Gweru Villagers
- Social Media War: Misred, Bev Sibanda Exchanged Some Fierce Blows On Social Media
- “My case didn’t even see the light of day,” Bulawayo Model Narrates How ex-Minister Jonathan Moyo Raped Her 11 Years Later