Mental Patient Axes Another Mentally Challenged Man To Death In Nkayi:
The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) says people with relatives suffering from mental illness should always keep an eye on them and also make sure that they receive their medication.
This report comes after a 25-year-old mentally challenged Nkayi man axed to death another mental patient out of the blue. The deceased was axed on the neck without provocation. National police spokesperson Paul Nyathi said:
Members of the public with relatives suffering from mental illnesses are advised to monitor them and ensure that they receive medical attention.
This follows a murder case where a 23-year-old male adult was struck with an axe by a mentally challenged man (25) in Nkayi district.
On [Tuesday] the suspect entered the room where the victim and his brother who is also mentally ill were sleeping and struck the victim once on the neck with an axe and went away.
The suspect is still at large and investigations are underway.
Earlier this month another death case caused by a mentally disturbed person was recorded in Gweru. A Grade 7 female pupil died after being stoned by a mentally sick patient in Gweru.
The girl was on her way from Sandara Primary School where she had just written an examination.
- Prayer Session Turns Sour As Soldiers Severely Torture Two Men Who Were Praying
- Father Kills Stepdaughter For Disturbing Fore Play With The Mother
- Musa Taj Abdul Has The Right To Freedom Pending Trial: Lawyer Insists That He Should Be Freed
- Shurugwi Illegal Gold Panner Murdered By Colleagues
- Notorious Armed Robbers Never Got The Chance To Taste Freedom
- Shocker: Notorious Armed Robbers Granted Bail
- Government Halts Demolition Of Illegally Built Houses Until Rainy Season Is Over
- Harare City Council Mayor Jacob Mafume Facing New Charges
- 3 Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) Officers Arrested For Fuel Smuggling
- Update On Murehwa Ritual Murder: Thanks Makore Bail Hearing Deferred.
- Employee Sodomises Employer’s Son