Mbare’s New Year Eve Musical Concert Organisers Plead Guilty To Violating Lockdown Rules
Mbare’s New Year Eve musical concert organisers, Dhama, DJ Fantan and Levels today appeared in court and admitted to having violated the Covid-19 regulations by hosting the musical concert.
Dama, born Simbarashe Chanachimwe, DJ Fantan born Arnold Kamudyariwa, and Tafadzwa Kadzimwe known as Levels admitted to “partaking and contravening a public gathering during a national lockdown period” when they appeared before Harare provincial magistrate Mrs Vongai Guwuriro.
Dhama, DJ Fantan, and Levels admitted to breaching Covid-19 regulations by hosting a New Year’s Eve party which was attended by over a thousand people in Mbare.
According to a local publication iHarare, Chanachimwe was represented by lawyer Mr Tafadzwa Hungwe while Kamudyariwa and Kadzimwe were represented by lawyer Dumisani Mtombeni. Their lawyers told the court that the three are all first-time offenders and should not be taken to jail as they will be exposed to hardcore criminals.
Their case was moved to Rotten Row Courts for initial remand.
DJ Fantan and Dhama were arrested on Sunday for participating in a prohibited gathering on New Year’s Eve in Mbare, while Levels was arrested yesterday.
Meanwhile, four senior Zimbabwean Republic Police Officers were suspended from duties pending disciplinary action in connection with an illegal Mbare musical bash that was held by DJ Fantan and his associates.
You May Also Read Other Stories:
- Mob goes Berserk After Zimbabwe Police Officer Kills Baby While Assaulting Mother With Baton Stick.
- Four Police Officers Arrested For Criminal Abuse Of Office:
- Woman Raped By A Gang Of Robbers In Front Of Husband And Children
- Four Senior Police Officers Suspended From Duty Over The Mbare Concert.
- DJ Fantan Arrested
- “I did not intentionally kill my wife,” Killer Cop Testifies In Court.
- Zimbabwean Woman And Her 2 Children Drown In Limpopo River While Attempting To Cross Into South Africa