Man Dies After A Donkey-Drawn Scotch Cart Overturned:
In a sad update from Gwanda, a man died on Sunday after a donkey-drawn scotch cart he was travelling in, overturned and dragged him.
According to a local publication, The Chronicle Matabeleland South provincial police spokesperson Inspector Loveness Mangena confirmed the incident that happened in Gwanda South district.
“I can confirm that Nyasha Ncube (29) from Ngoma village under Chief Marupi was travelling using a donkey drawn scotch cart and hit a log. The scotch cart overturned on February 7.
“The deceased was dragged by the donkeys underneath the scotch cart for about 15 metres,” she said.
Insp Mangena said Ncube died when he was being ferried to the nearest health institution and his body is at Gwanda Provincial Hospital awaiting post-mortem.
She urged members of the public to exercise caution when using animal-drawn carts.
“As police, we urge members of the public to at all times use rails (amotomu) when travelling using scotch carts.“This allows them to be able to control the direction of the scotch cart,” said Insp Mangena.
- Drama As Tsikamutanda Flees Barefooted From Police
- Chinese Employee Dies After Falling Off A Scaffold At The Hwange Power Station
- Man Kills Wife For Calling Him Lazy
- Police Refute Claims Of Arresting Chinhoyi Man Who Was Recorded Abusing His Wife
- Soldier’s 15-year Rape Sentence Revoked
- 60-Year-Old Man Dies After Over-Indulging In Home-Brewed Beer
- Murdered Spirit Testifies How His Brother Killed Him-Plucks Out Heart And Cuts Finger
- Shocker: Murdered Mberengwa Woman’s Tongue “Missing”