Heartless Mother Kills Newborn In A Bucket With Hot Water:
When others are having sleepless nights, visiting one prophet to another and one sangoma to another to conceive, some have misused that ability by killing the newborn
A Mutare woman who concealed the birth of her newborn baby after killing the infant has been slapped with a two-year jail term.
The 20-year-old Queen Makombe, was, however, spared the custodial sentence after getting an alternative sentence of performing 490 hours of community service and a suspended 10-month jail term for five years.
The court heard that on the 23rd of this month, Makombe gave birth in a bucket with hot water before disposing of the body of the infant in a nearby stream.
Everything came to light when her neighbours discovered she was no longer pregnant and alerted the police.
According to a local publication Pindula News, Police carried out investigations leading to Makombe’s confession on everything that had happened and led to her arrest.
Meanwhile, in a report from Zbc News online, a 17-year-old house maid who stole property worth about 28 000 Zimbabwe dollars from her employer escaped a one and half year custodial sentence after six months were suspended for five years and another six months suspended on condition of restitution.
She was ordered to perform 210 hours of community service for the remaining six months.
You May Also Read Other Stories Below:
- Exorcism Gone Wrong As Sangoma Beat Client To Death
- Poor Man Lose Wife To Financially Stable Man
- Gweru Heavy Rains leaves Mother of 5 Without A Place To Stay.
- “I would rather die having sex” Sekuru Threatens To Take His Life Over Sex Ban
- Shocker: Passenger Dies Of Covid-19 On Cross-border Bus
- Bar Owner Arrested For Opening Bar And Violating Lockdown Regulations
- Two Zimbabwean Men Were Burnt While Stealing Fuel From A Pipeline In South Africa