Five People Struck By Lightning In Chiredzi:
In a horrific update, five people were struck by lightning last night at Hippo Valley Mill in Chiredzi while they were on their way to work.
ZBCnews reports that one person died, while four others were injured after they were struck by lightning at Hippo Valley Mill in Chiredzi this Sunday.
According to the police report, the deceased Herbert Mukwetura aged 21 of Chishamiso Village, was on his way to work at Tongaat Hullets Hippo Valley Mill in Chiredzi with four of his workmates when they were struck by the lightning.
The report also noted that, whilst on their way to work, upon reaching the flyover point at the mill, the five were struck by lightning and fell down.
They were taken to Hippo Valley Medical Centre where Mukwetura was unfortunately announced dead. The other four are in a stable condition and currently recovering at Hippo Valley Medical Centre for treatment.
The tragedy happened at a time when the Meteorological Services Department (MSD) is warning members of the public about weather-related hazards including floods, hailstorms, lightning among others as the rain season has started.
Some schools in Chipinge and Chimanimani Districts in Manicaland Province have since been destroyed by hailstorms.
The Meteorological Services Department has also urged citizens to stay indoors during thunderstorms, but if caught outdoors, should not seek shelter under isolated trees or small sheds.
- Man Commits Suicide Over Child Maintenance
- Man Rapes Sister-In-Law (16) After Pulling Her From School.
- Watch: Woman Claims To Be Possessed By Ginimbi’s Demon
- Murder Suspect Moves Free In Streets: Parents Suspect Police Cover-Up
- Another Suspected Ritual Murder: Bulawayo Man Murdered, Brain, Eyes And Ears Missing From Corpse
- Moana’s Father Throws Shade On Jah Prayzah: “Haana Kana Kundibata Maoko Asi Ndaivepo.”
- Man Kills And Buries 10-Year-Old Epileptic Son