Eight People Nabbed For Smuggling Bags Of Clothes:
In another update, eight people were arrested at a road block in Makuti for smuggling of bags of clothes worth around $80 000, prejudicing the state of a similar amount in unpaid duty.
The eight, who were identified as Ronald Mushore (34), Aneti Zinyoro (36), Lucia Phiri, Loveness Sani, Dudzai Chimudende, Jesca Sani (41), Anna Mudzinganyama (30) and Samson Perekamoyo (38) were arrested for contravening Section 182 of the Customs and Excise Act for smuggling.
According to a report from a local publication The Herald, they eight were arrested at a roadblock mounted near the 289km peg, Makuti, along the Harare-Chirundu Road on Tuesday morning after searches by a joint security forces team led to the discovery of nine sacks of clothes.
Upon inquiry, the driver and conductor of a Chigubhu cross-border bus implicated the eight travellers. The eight failed to produce declaration forms which led to their arrest.
Investigations have so far shown that the eight managed to smuggle the goods through Chirundu Border Post.
Further investigations on this case are still underway.
You May Also Read Other Articles Below:
- Musa Taj Abdul Has The Right To Freedom Pending Trial: Lawyer Insists That He Should Be Freed
- Notorious Armed Robbers Never Got The Chance To Taste Freedom
- Shocker: Notorious Armed Robbers Granted Bail
- Government Halts Demolition Of Illegally Built Houses Until Rainy Season Is Over
- Harare City Council Mayor Jacob Mafume Facing New Charges
- 3 Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (Zimra) Officers Arrested For Fuel Smuggling
- Update On Murehwa Ritual Murder: Thanks Makore Bail Hearing Deferred.
- Employee Sodomises Employer’s Son
- 10-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming In A Stream
- Man Commit Suicide After Assaulting Ex Wife’s Grandmother Over Witchcraft Allegations
- Filabusi Man Went Berserk, Kills Wife And Commits Suicide After Finding Wife In Bed With Neighbor
- Parents Request DNA Test To Solve Mystery Over Newly Born’s Death.