Dad’s Parked Car Rolls Back And Crushed Toddler To Death:
In a tragic turn of events, A Bindura family suffered heartache when their family car which was parked, rolled back and crushed a 15-month-old toddler. The toddler who was playing behind the parked vehicle sustained serious injuries and was pronounced dead on arrival at the local hospital.
According to iHarare the sad accident occurred at Katanya Farm in Bindura. The now-deceased toddler, Lia Kajokoto and her 8-year-old sister Flora were playing outside behind the parked vehicle when the accident occurred.
According to police reports, the vehicle in question is a white Isuzu KB300 registration number ACR8266 belonging to Amon Kajokoto (45).
The family valiantly tried to save Lia who had been gravely injured in the accident. They rushed her to Mt Darwin Hospital, but unfortunately, the toddler was pronounced dead on arrival.
Confirming the sad accident, Mashonaland Central acting police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Naison Ndhliwayo cautioned the public to be extra vigilant when parking their cars over uneven terrain. Assistant Inspector Naison Ndhliwayo told The Herald,
“We are appealing to all drivers to avoid dangerous parking. We are reminding drivers to apply handbrake according to technical specifications and to apply a gear opposing gradient when the handbrake is malfunctioning.
“Where there is doubt, improvise with stones. It is heartbreaking that an innocent life was lost.”
Articles You May Want To Read
- Update: Bulawayo Girlfriend Killer Commit Suicide
- Girl (16) Imprisoned For Breaching Covid-19 Lockdown Regulations
- Promise Fulfilled: DJ Fantan And DJ Levels On Covid-19 Awareness Campaigns.
- Zimbabwe National Army Dismiss Allegations That Soldiers Assaulted Villagers In Mberengwa
- Chitungwiza Land-Baron Fredrick Mabamba To Appear In Court
- Two Masvingo Journalists Arrested For Taking Pictures Of Police Officers Arresting Lockdown Offenders
- Village Head Takes Advantage OF Less Privileged Families, Forces Them To Surrender Cash Donations From NGO