Chitungwiza Land-Baron Fredrick Mabamba To Appear In Court:
Chitungwiza-based land baron Fredrick Mabamba is expected to appear in court this morning over allegations of illegally parcelling more than 2 000 residential stands in Chitungwiza during the time he was deputy mayor for the town.
According to a local publication The Herald, Mabamba, who has been taken to court on several occasions over similar charges, faces fraud and criminal abuse of office. Mabamba’s lawyer Mr Tapiwa Allen Munodawafa from Nyikadzino, Simango and Associates confirmed the arrest yesterday.
It is alleged that between January 2013 and August 2014 he sold 200 stands in St Mary’s, 230 in Zengeza, 57 in Sake, 23 in Zengeza 5 and 400 in Unit A.
He is also reported to have sold two car sales stands in Unit B, 120 stands in Unit C, 120 in Unit F and N while 76 were allegedly duped in Unit G.
Mabamba is also alleged to have sold a piece of land that was earmarked for construction of a school.
- Two Masvingo Journalists Arrested For Taking Pictures Of Police Officers Arresting Lockdown Offenders
- Update: Top Commissioner Erasmus Makodza Granted Bail
- Man Tortures 17-Year-Old Uncle To Death Over US$60
- Village Head Takes Advantage OF Less Privileged Families, Forces Them To Surrender Cash Donations From NGO
- Two Men Drown In Bid To Get R800 Reward For A Drowning Cattle
- Abusive Combi Driver Stabs Girlfriend To Death After She Threatened To End Relationship.
- ZACC Arrest Top Police Commissioner Erasmus Makodza
- Human-wildlife Conflict: 81-Year-Old-Man Lose Life To A Hippopotamus
- Bulawayo Man Killed For Refusing To Share Amacimbi