Chiredzi Butcher Apprehended For Stealing 27 Cattle:
A Chiredzi butcher and three accomplices have been apprehended and remanded in custody on allegations of stock theft involving 27 heads of cattle.
The accused, Tinashe Gwenyaya whose address was not presented in court was found with 18 hides of cattle and nine live beasts according to a State outline presented before Chiredzi Magistrate Misheck Munyaradzi on Tuesday.
Gwenyaya appeared in court on Tuesday together with the alleged accomplices; Abraham Madyiwa, Samuel Mudzupuri and Jefrest William facing stock theft charges.
The court learnt that between November 23, 2020, and Jan 2021, Gwenyaya and the three accused who resides in Village 5 Extension area in Triangle stole 27 herds of cattle on different occasions from different homesteads and grazing areas.
After stealing the cattle they drove them to one of the accused, Madyiwa’s homestead at village 1 Bomba, Triangle where they would slaughter the beasts and bury the hides at the homestead.
The case came in light after one Mrr Bishi Mago of the same village failed to find five of his herds of cattle. Eighteen skins were found at Madyiwa’s homestead while nine live herds were found in the same village after they were exchanged with some villagers.
Doubt Phiri appeared representing the state. Meanwhile, Mago is said to be a regular customer at Gwenyaya’s butchery and chances are he could also have bought beef from his stolen cattle.
You May Also Read Other Stories:
- Gutu Teenage Girl Robbed And Raped After Falling For A Fake Job Advert
- Four People Survive A Plane Crash In Binga
- Gweru River Accident Update: Police Call Off Search For Missing Passengers
- Photoshoot ‘Rapist’ Appears In Court
- Robbers Pounce On A Wheelchair-Bound Chinhoyi Businessman.
- My Parents Deserved To Die: Prodigal Son who Murdered Parents Speaks.
- Sleepless Nights For Budiriro Extension Families Due To Flash Floods
- Update: Chitungwiza Boy Seriously Injured By Fire Cracker Recovering