Bulawayo Medical Doctor Arrested For Practicing Without Valid License:
A Bulawayo based medical doctor was arrested for practising without a valid licence from the Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe.
It is reported that Emmanuel Mucheni (36) of New Parklands suburb allegedly attended to and issued a prescription to Mr Chenjerai Kudzurunga at 8th Avenue Emergency Clinic without a valid practising certificate.
Mr Kudzurunga took the prescription to Medi Health Pharmacy located along Joshua Nkomo Street before he tendered it to the pharmacist, Mr Azeem Gaibi, intending to purchase the prescribed medicine.
Upon seeing the prescription Mr Gaibi discovered that it was issued by Mucheni and made a police report leading to his arrest.
According to the Chronicle, Emmanuel Mucheni the medical practitioner pleaded not guilty to one count of defying the Health Professions Act before Ms Rachel Mukanga and was remanded out of custody to April 12.
Prosecuting, Mr Terrence Chakabuda said on February 18, 2021 detectives from CID Drugs and Narcotics in Bulawayo received a tip-off indicating that Mucheni was discharging medical duties without a valid certificate.
- Woman Kills Stepson (6) With Bare Hands Over Inheritance Issues.
- Man Escapes Death By A Whisker After A Toilet Dispute With Son.
- No Rent No Accommodation-Landlady Removes Doors, Roofing Sheets After Tenant Fails To Pay Rentals
- Sandra Ndebele-Sibindi Perseus Her Dream
- Drama As Businessman Breaks Down After Losing A House During A Divorce Case