Another Mine Accident: Mudzi mine accident kills Three Miners:
Kunyu Mine accident claimed three lives last week after two ore wagons fell and crushed miners in the shaft.
It is reported that 2 victims died on the spot and the other victim died on admission to a hospital
In an interview, the National police spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi confirmed the incident.
“A mining accident occurred on December 1, 2020, at Kunyu Mine, Banze, Mudzi where three miners lost their lives,” he said. “Two ore wagons fell into an inclined mine shaft and crushed the miners.
“Two of the victims died on the spot while the other died on admission at All Souls Mission Hospital. Investigations into the incident are in progress.”
This incident is reported while the nation is still trying to recover 30 illegal gold miners trapped underground at Bindura Ran Mine. So far only six miners were rescued at the mine.
According to a local publication The Herald, Early last month, bodies of two of the five miners trapped after a mine shaft collapsed at Task Mining Syndicate in Chegutu on September 8 were retrieved by artisanal miners who were continuing to search for the other three bodies.
The body of Shingai Gwatidzo (20), which was among the two that were retrieved on Saturday was buried at Borgan Villa resettlement area in Mhondoro.
Other Stories To Look Into:
- Uncle Kills 8-year-old Nephew And Boils His Head
- Tragedy In Buhera South As 17-Year-Old Boy Kills Three Senior Citizens
- Sipho’s Murder Suspect Battling For Life After Suicide Attempt
- Man Appeals For Protection Order Against Violent Wife
- Chipinge Grade 7 Student Murders Classmate
- Man Accidentally Shoots His Three Children At A Party
- “Yes I Had Waist Beads But They Are Not About Juju: Small House Denies Juju Claims.
- Love Portion Goes To The Wrong Person: Father in law impregnates son’s wife
- Zimbabwe Records 60 Death Caused By Human-Wildlife Conflict.