60-Year-Old Man Dies After Over-Indulging In Home-Brewed Beer:
A 60-year-old man from Kukweya village under chief Chikwara in Chimanimani died after over-indulging in home-brewed beer.
Chimanimani Provincial police spokesperson Inspector Luxson Chananda confirmed the tragic incident to a local publication New Zimbabwe.
The now deceased was found drunk by the roadside at around 8 pm by a fellow villager identified as Thomas Masondo (38).
“The deceased spent the day drinking home-brewed beer and was found by a fellow villager drunk and sleeping by the roadside,” said police spokesperson Inspector Luxson Chananda.
Noticing that the elderly imbiber was in a drunken stupor and that it was now raining, the Good Samaritan took the elderly imbiber to his homestead where he offered him a place to sleep for the night.
At around 11 pm, Masondo was shocked to discover that the old man had died in his sleep.
He reported the matter to the police who attended the scene and ferried the body to the mortuary.
Meanwhile, police spokesperson Inspector Luxson Chananda urged members of the public to drink responsibly.
“As police, we advise members of the public to desist from excessive consumption of alcohol as it affects their health,” he said.
You May Also Read Other Stories Below:
- Lieutenant General Douglas Nyikayaramba Succumbs To Covid-19
- Girl (4) Lose Life To A Crocodile Attack
- Murdered Spirit Testifies How His Brother Killed Him-Plucks Out Heart And Cuts Finger
- Shocker: Murdered Mberengwa Woman’s Tongue “Missing”
- Commercial Truck Drivers To Go Through Mandatory Quarantine
- Four Artisanal Miners Drown After Boat Overturned In Flooded Sanyati River
- Gold Panner Rapes, Beheads Estranged Wife, Attempts Suicide
- Zimbabwe National Army Dismiss Allegations That Soldiers Assaulted Villagers In Mberengwa
- Serial Rapist (24) Deflowers Three Minor Girls Including His Sister